Skip to main content

Sometimes you just need a swift kick in the ....

I won't go into why it's been so long since I last posted. That's for another day, another posting. So here goes nothing.

My first posting was based on a favorite pastime of mine, collecting quotes. Below is a quote from a forgotten but funny FOX show.


A promise to a woman is just a lie that hasn't happened yet.
Unhappily Ever After- 8-16-1998

Why this gem?
Because it's the 350th quote I managed to scribble in my quote book for that year and I really enjoyed watching that show. It was made with the hope that it would become the next Married With Children ...with a twist.

Picture an Al Bundy type but with schizophrenia. Yeah, FOX was taking on the big issues WAY before HOUSE M.D. was a twinkle in the eye of David Shore or while Hugh Laurie was still on the funniest show on BBC One, Black Adder. I'll let you choose the starting point.

Anywellness, the 'Father Figure' Jack Malloy played by Geoff (pronounced Jeff) Pierson would talk to a stuffed bunny name Mr. Floppy ( Please insert any 20 - 30 year old penis joke here) voiced by....wait for it. Wait. Wait. Here it comes. Assume the position... BOBCAT GOLDTHWAIT! while dealing with an aging wife. a hot to trot daughter played by Nikki Cox, and an idiot for a son.

Unhappily Ever After lasted four years and banged out 100 episodes on FOX. Plus it launched the careers of Nikki Cox (Who is WAY more FUCKABLE that Megan Fox!) and Geoff Pierson. Now if you don't know who Geoff Pierson is, then you've never watched an episode of Dexter, 24, LIFE or It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. And for that you have my pity.

A couple of personal side notes for the year that was 1998..
I collected 699 quotes that year.
I moved the Staten Island.
I started working for The Metropolitan Opera House. Yeah, I've been to the opera, what about it!
I gained the best friend anyone could have, one Mike Gilbert. Love ya Man!
I stopped going to a little known bar called The Cubby Hole.
I started going to a little known bar called Jake's Delimma.
Mad TV was actually funny.
TV Guide was small enough to fit in your pocket, worth collecting and culturally relevant.

So, with that said, I'll run the spell checker, post it and hopefully someone will read it and comment on it.
I want to say a special "Thank you' to someone.

jodikicksass

Thanks for kicking me in the ass! I needed that!
Good night.
Good luck,
Good drinking!

Lincoln C



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 years ago I wrote my 1st liquor review.

Can somebody contact Condoleezza Rice? Alert the press, and call the President. I've found a Weapon of Mass Destruction and it’s called Lichido liqueur. I am a drinker and proud of it. I’ve tasted everything from Johnnie Walker Blue to my Uncle Plug’s moonshine to Zima. (Yes, kids it's true I have an Uncle named Plug, it's a country thing... but I digress.) Out of a long list of liver killing liquors there are two spirits that I will never drink again. The first is Goldschläger , a clear cinnamon liqueur with tiny flakes of real gold, (ICK!) and the second it...Lichido. Lichido is a sick mix of aged cognac, premium vodka, lychees, guavas and white peach juice. It contains 18% alcohol which doesn’t help this stuff taste any better. Lichido has a slick and sexy pink shimmer that will fool you into thinking it's delicious but the combination of Lychee & Guava make it undrinkable. If you’re not familiar with Asian fruits don’t worry I’ve got you covered. Lychee (or Litc

Death & Co. Review or Clipboards & Cocktails, Oh my!

  Some time ago I was hired to write a review about Death & Co. This version of my review was never published so.... Death & Co. 433 East 6th Street New York, NY 10009 (212) 388-0882   (East Village) When you are standing at the threshold of Death & Co . you will notice something that most cocktail bars don’t have, a gatekeeper. This man’s job is not to demolish people. He is NOT a Ray Lewis clone dressed in black and carrying a chip on his shoulder. This man’s job is to make sure you enjoy your evening in a stress-free environment. Once he lets in you’ll realize that the gatekeeper’s clipboard was set to ‘comfortable and cozy’ not ‘crowded and noisy’. And if that means taking your cell phone number and calling you once space is available - than that is what happens. This isn’t Fort Knox or Studio 54…they know that. This is Death & Co. and they want you to have a great time in an intimate setting. Brian Miller is one of the principles behind Death &